Monday, September 15, 2008

Let go of my Balls.

About a three weeks ago I bought a set of twenty tennis balls for, well, playing tennis. Oddly enough, after my first few games with the new balls I found that a couple were missing. I was heading home with less balls that i had set out with. I didn't give it much thought. After my second trip, I noticed that the total number was even less. And by the third trip I was down to half of what I started off with. Were my tennis balls suffering from a Tennis-ball specific strain of the plague? Were UFOs secretly abducting them while I was hitting double faults into the net? I had to find the answer. During my fourth trip I made sure to watch where every ball went, and to watch out for any funny business from the people playing next to me. I hit one ball over the fence, I figured I'd just pick it up later as it rolled by some tree's. To my surprise, a middle aged fat lady picked the ball up and walked into the forest, so said one of my friends. Wow was the only word that could describe my thoughts at that moment. To make matters worse, amongst the confusion of who's tennis balls are who's, the jackass playing on the court next to me must have decided to put 5 of ours in his basket. Amazingly I was down to four tennis balls after a little over a week. Four.

I sat there, wondering whether it was worth playing tennis in public courts anymore. These people all seem to have been struck with a strong case of the "cheap bastards who steal tennis balls". And then It hit me. Pink. Pink was the answer to all of my tennis ball related problems. You see, the cool "tennis players" all use pro styled "green" balls. From the cigarette smoking guy with the head band, to the two twelve year old idiots moaning like their favorite tennis stars after every swing (someone needs to punch them), they're all far too"manly" to go with the pink.

I went off to models and got myself a nice basket of Pink tennis balls. Showed up at the courts, and gave all those tennis ball stealing mother fuckers the "Lets see you steal my shit now, assholes" look. Since then, I've only lost three tennis balls. And those were do to post double-fault rage. So if you want to save yourself from all of those tennis-ball stealing zombies, just go with the pink.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, and good advice to boot.

Syrus said...

Glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

haha tat was funny ;D i dont know if u still use this blog.